Director of Security Research
Director of Security Research (NA-SAE) is responsible for leading a team of Security Analyst in curating and harvesting real time data related to emerging cyber threats that impact all sectors of government and commercial sectors for the ThreatSTOP product line. This includes acquisition of new intelligence, creation of new feeds, and managing third-party intelligence sharing relationships.
- Provide leadership, management, and mentoring of security team members.
- Develop new originally sourced intelligence from ThreatSTOP telemetry to find new threats otherwise undetected by existing offerings.
- Work with product management and engineering providing specifications for new product specifications and deploying new customer offering related to protections, such as global policies.
- Work with Marketing team to create content for blog posts and white papers.
- Lead research efforts to uncover new threats and disseminate information as appropriate to customers, leads, and the community at large.
- Validate the quality of all data received from 3rd party sources.
- Manage deliverables using a SCRUM based framework in sprints.
- Generate reports to management related to indicator effectiveness, such as TOP Bad Actors and False Positive Rates.
- Participate in various cybersecurity listservs and groups.
- Lead efforts to define and develop new tools related to security research.
- Author and Maintain Policies and Procedures related to the security team operations.
- Provide customer assistance related to false positive indicators and incident response.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in a cybersecurity position related to providing analyst and research of security threats.
- 2+ years working as a senior team lead or manager.
- Excellent understanding of statistical models and providing data from working with those models.
- Proficiency with Python.
- Understanding of networking concepts related to TCP/IP and DNS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Interested Applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org